Friday, October 31, 2008

Missed Connections

I was exploring craigslist today and found a disturbing and highly entertaining little section under the personals entitled missed connections.

Found within is a whole trainload of crazy. This delusion gone too far generally begins with the poster seeing the "victim" somewhere out in public . The victim may unwittingly return a smile, brush against an elbow, exchange a glance, say hello, or nothing at all.

This then triggers a fantasy in the poster's mind whereby they dream up a relationship, marriage, sex, or child with the "victim". Here is a sample:

Hendersonville Rd - Thursday - m4m - 45 (Skyland)
You were driving a Suburban south on Hendersonville Rd between 145 and 2 pm in the left lane just past Applebees. I was in the right lane, and you turned and gave me a big head nod and a great smile just as you passed me. You are VERY good-looking...tell me what your license plate number is so I'll know it's you.


I want to create a email macro that automatically responds to all of these postings with an email that simply states: THAT WAS ME!!! Then I can check my inbox every morning for a new batch of funny.

1 comment:

skippy haha said...

brian, you need to cut 3 brians off your header to make it fit. and post more stuff!